Are you a dog owner?
Enjoy bringing your dog along for the heck of it?
Let’s face it. Sometimes accidents do happen to our pets. Depending on the severity of the accident your dog may be slightly banged up or severely injured.
Either way, as a dog owner your should be prepared for either outcome, if any.
Are you prepared? Are you ready to expect the unexpected?
The necessities of your dog’s kit should include the usual like bandages, cotton swabs, ice packs, etc.
But there’s many other things that most people often neglect or forget to include in their dog’s first aid kit. That’s why we’re here to help.
Whether you’re planning a hiking trip, backpacking adventure, or a boat ride, here’s some first aid kits & essentials every dog deserves to have included in their adventure box checklist.
#1 - ClotIt Pet First Aid Kit
This first aid kit will serve best for dog owners that just want to nurture their stay-at-home dogs whenever they may bump into a lamp or the dining room table on accident.
This at-home-kit is the most basic package for dog owners.
Key Benefits Include:
- Can be used for cuts, sores, skin tears, lacerations, etc
- May also be used during injections, blood drawing, intravenous treatments, dental procedures, tail docking and nail trimming during grooming.
- The powder is formulated to clot your dog’s blood in seconds.
- Non-staining and 100% natural powder.
- Comes in a packaged convenient 5×3-3/4×2-inch case.
This Kit Includes:
- Clotit All-Natural Blood Clotting Powder
- (2) Sterile Gauze Pad 2″ X 2″
- Conforming Stretch Gauze Bandages 2″ X 75″
- (2) Cotton-Tipped Applicators 3″
- (2) Sterile Alchohol Prep Pad
- (2) Povidone-Iodine Prep Pad
- (2) Sting Relief Pad
- (2) Triple Antibiotic Gel
- (2) Hydrocortisone Cream
- (2) Antiseptic Towelette
- 1/2″ X 10 Yds Tape
- Slip Leash
- Plastic Tweezers
#2 - Kurgo Portable Dog First Aid Kit
This first aid starter pack includes the most essential tools and widgets you would most likely need to use in case of an emergency.
No matter what the injury persists of this kit would have everything necessary to correctly treat their injuries. This kit is perfect for both adventures and everyday use.
Every item in this kit is marked so that the dog owner will know where the emergency blankets are when they’re needed.
This Kit Includes:
• Parachute Cord (1)
• First Aid Guide (1)
• Sting Relief Pads (4)
• Tweezers (Plastic) (1)
• Tape Role (1)
• Crepe Bandage – 2″ (1)
• Cotton Swab (10)
…click here to see more
#3 - Kurgo RSG Dog First Aid Kit
This 49-piece kit is the perfect tool pack for the adventure type. Going on rock climbing adventures, a hiking trip, or a long anticipated backpacking trip? This tool is the best for you.
Never let the unexpected ruin another adventure of yours ever again. Can be used on small, medium or large dogs.
- This 49-piece kit offers solutions for your dog’s emergencies—includes a variety of first aid tools and essentials.
- From a minor accident to an emergency, the wearable first aid kit can provide relief without cutting your dog’s adventures short.
- Complements the RSG Activity Belt and County or Townie Harness.
- MOLLE-compatible. Add ID clips or patches for a customized look.
- Offers peace of mind to pet parents who want to be prepared for the unexpected.
- Parachute Cord
- First Aid Guide
- Sting Relief Pads
- Tape Roll
- Crepe Bandage
- Cotton Swabs
- Tongue Depressors
- Cleansing Wipes
- Instant Cold Pack
- Disposable Gloves
- 4″ X 4″ Gauze Pads
- 2″ X 2″ Gauze Pads
- Gauze Rolls
- Trauma Pad
- Alcohol Prep Pads
- Emergency Blanket
- Iodine Prep Pads
- Extra First Aid Patch
Our dogs are like our kids. When they get hurt, we feel hurt for them as well. It is our responsibility to keep our dogs safe and healthy at all times.
Whether your dog is a risk taker or a safe and take it easy type of guy, ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN.
I hope that this article has been helpful and informative for you.
Got yourself a new puppy? Not exactly sure what to do with it? Confused on which methods you should be using to train your soon to be best friend? Well, you’re in the right place. Whether you are a first time dog owner or a doggie day care veteran powerhouse there’s always a trick or two you can learn to get your pup to do what you want, when you want them to. Interested in the different ways to train your puppy? Click The Button Below To Learn More.
You May Also Like
Smarter Pup Training is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program designed to provide monetization as a means for sites to earn advertising fees by promoting and linking to products sold on Amazon.com